Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

Celebrity in DeathCelebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is an adult mystery thriller suspense novel/police procedural

Book Summary

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is no party girl, but she’s managing to have a reasonably good time at the celebrity-packed bash celebrating The Icove Agenda, a film based on one of her famous cases. It’s a little spooky seeing the actress playing her, who looks almost like her long-lost twin. Not as unsettling, though, as seeing the actress who plays Peabody—drowned in the lap pool on the roof of the director’s luxury building.
Talented but rude, and widely disliked, K. T. Harris had made
an embarrassing scene during dinner. Now she’s at the center of a crime scene—and Eve is more than ready to get out of her high heels and strap on her holster, to step into the role she was born to play: cop.

My Review

I’ve enjoyed this series from the very beginning. Not every book is a home run but every book has been above average really good. This story for me felt more like an average day in Eve’s life. ******spoiler*****Although Roarke was there I think unpredictably he wasn’t as involved in the case as he has in the past. I think maybe the J.D. Robb (ask Nora Roberts) wanted to show life for Eve with the big guy there one hundred percent of the time. But all you Roarke lovers, he was in the book enough, don’t get me wrong. Also, Eve seemed to depend on Peabody a bit more. I felt like the Nora either wanted Peabody to appear capable enough to be Eve’s partner or this is a transition to where Eve finally gets her promotion.*****end of spoiler*****

Nora knows how to write a story. This is a given with all her success. She also has a way that I haven’t found with any other writer to give a well delivered story in third person but still letting you in the heads of all the characters. She has a gift.

The storyline was different for Eve. A lot of things happen and don’t happen that are clearly observed by the characters, so it is clear that this departure in storyline was planned. Based on something that happens in the story that is briefly mentioned, I have a feeling that we will be back to what we’ve come to expect from this series in the next installment.

Will I recommend this series? Yes, absolutely.

My book boyfriend is Julien. I love Roarke, so once you read you will understand why I chose Julien.

Photobucket

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment