Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall

Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars





This is an adult paranormal romance novel. (NC-17 for the sexiness of it all)

Book Summary

In this dazzling, innovative debut paranormal series, Duvall beckons readers into a world of vampires, immortals, and humans with extraordinary gifts--where passion can last forever. Original.

My Review

I don’t know about you, but I’ve read and seen a ton of vampire stories a lot of different ways. I’ve liked some and loved others. This is one of the stories I loved.

Okay, first let me be honest I did a bit of eye rolling with the author’s mythology on her vampires. They were a bit goody goody for me. I have to say though, in the end it just worked. The author did a bang up job at plugging any holes and making sure everything was plausible.

Those that follow my reviews also know I hate unbelievable love. I encounter books all the time that straddle the edge or down right fall into that trap. But this author made me a believer. She plugged the hole of “insta love” with so much gauze of reasonability and fail proof logic, I had no way but to except what happened.

What I really like about this story is the bad boy here isn’t a jerk. The author pulled out the stops to make this guy unapproachable without him being rude to the female lead. He’s an alpha male but a gentleman through and through.

I have to say this was a love story for me for the ages. Hell, I fell in love with Roland along the way. I even fell for his cat. The characters are so well written, I was taken in immediately with this story. The storyline was original and creative. Okay, the basis for the storyline has been done a hundred times, but boy meets girl, danger ensues, they fall in love, and danger is adverted. But how it is done is imaginative. When I think I’m smarter, the author points out exactly what I was thinking. I couldn’t find any holes to plug because she plugs them herself. She just has a gifted way of telling a story.

Overall, a bang up story and one you shouldn’t hesitate to read. I totally recommend for paranormal lovers. This series will be liked by those who enjoy Black Dagger Brotherhood, Demonica, Lords of the Underworld, and the Highlander series. There are many more great men to explore in this series as I was torn with who I loved the most.

Look out Bones (Night Huntress series) there is a new British vamp in town. And his name is Roland and he is my latest book boyfriend.

Photobucket




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment