Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine_Harris


Deadlocked ~ Charlaine Harris

This is an audlt paranormal romance novel. (Rate PG-17 for the lack of sexiness, lol)

2.5 out of 5 stars

Book Summary
With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

My Review

First let me say that the book summary is misleading.  It makes it seem like a lot more than what the story really is.

This story reads like a day in the life of Sookie Stakehouse. Even though there is more than one day in this story, literally nothing much happens. She eats, sleeps, and goes to work. There are a few tangles in the story, but nothing like in the past. Her life is never really in danger. She doesn’t have any relations with anyone. It’s pretty sad.

I don’t need sex in a book to like it. But when you go to the store to buy a snickers bar, you expect there to be nuts in it. I mean that’s what you pay for right. No nuts in this book, lol.

Add to that, that the story drags on as the author gives mini HEA’s to all the various characters. It almost felt like the end of the series. And in a way, I wish it was. Ugh! Utter disappointment.

For those that love Sookie, I say wait to read this book until the next one comes out. Hopefully it will be better. That way you can take your disappointment into what hopefully will be a better book.
Too bad.

Audio Review
Johanna Parker does an excellent job as usual with this series. She saves this story with her narration. She makes this book bearable to listen to.

My book boyfriend JB. I likey his new profession.


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. "I don’t need sex in a book to like it. But when you go to the store to buy a snickers bar, you expect there to be nuts in it. I mean that’s what you pay for right. No nuts in this book, lol. "


    AWESOME Terri just Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just choked while drinking coffee and reading your review because I laughed so hard. Also, I'm not sure who that guy is but I whole-heartedly approve because he's wearing a beanie. Oh and because he's hot, that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am disappointed. I figured we would find out if Eric ended up in Oklahoma or if Sookie. Thanks I do not think there is a need for me to spend money when nothing happens.

    ReplyDelete