Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crux by Julie Reece

Crux ~ Julie Reece

This is a young adult urban fantasy novel (Rated PG-13)

4.5 out of 5

Book Summay

She should have run. Now, she’ll have to fight.

Eighteen year old Birdie may be homeless, but she’s surviving, that is until a mysterious guy throws money in the air like a crazy game show host, and she grabs some with the idea she’ll be able to buy dinner that night.

In that singular moment, unassuming Birdie becomes the girl in everyone’s viewfinder. Thugs want to kill her. Money-guy wants to recruit her. The very hot, very rich, and very out of her league Grey Mathews wants to save her.

Birdie, though, wants nothing to do with any of them, until she realizes fate didn’t bring them all together.

Her heritage did.

Now, with only twenty-one days left, she’s got to decide whether to follow in the footsteps of those before her or risk her life for people she’s only just met.

My Review

The moral of the story here is don’t judge a book by its cover. If I had, I would not have read. It made the book appear more juvenile than it is.

Okay, the characters were interesting and some were refresh from similar book characters but that doesn’t in anyway take away from the story. The main character are fresh in their own way and make this story about good people doing good things.

The plotline. The beginning was interesting but a little slow. But hang in there. It soars from there. I was caught up in a romance that simmered until it burned. I kind of wonder what would have happened if this story would have been about the path that we were led down in the beginning. But alas, where it went was no where I would have expected and that was still good.

Overall, I really liked this one. If not for the story straddling the line of insta love, it would have been 5 stars for me.

My book boyfriend Grey.


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Loved this one, Terri. I am pleased to inform you that I have chosen you for the Liebster Blog Award. You deserve it!

    Go here to find out more:
    http://christierich.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me Christie. I've gotten this before. I'm not sure if you can get it twice, lol. But thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I'm a new follower and I would love it if you could stop by sometime(:

    Katie @ http://curseofthebibliophile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete