Friday, July 13, 2012

A Bed of Knives by Elizabeth Jasper


A Bed of Knines ~ Elizabeth Jasper

An adult contempory romance (Rated NC-17)

4 out of 5 stars

Book Summary

A Bed of Knives - contemporary romance with an edge.

Friendship can get complicated when you start to fancy the guys you hang out with. When Eddie suggests a night out to celebrate the end of their final exams, four friends look forward to the evening with different expectations.

Fast forward 5 years. Gina and Rose rescue Spider from living rough in Oxford. Is this enough to bring all four of them together again and will their friendship survive the revelations of the following days?

***Not erotica, but does contains strong language and explicit sex***

My Review

My son was sick last night and after getting him back to sleep at 3am, I was drawn to this story. It was recommended to me and after reading the blurb, I agreed to read it. However, I always love to go into a story cold, so I hadn’t committed the summary to memory. The most I knew going in was that it was four friends that possibly ‘hook up’.

So, I pick up a book hoping it will put me to sleep. Not this time. I read straight until I finished and headed to work. That good. Yes. I was so caught up in what was going to happen next, hoping for the best, I couldn’t put it down.

And my only real problem with the story is, yes, you know, insta love. Kills it every time. If not for that it would have been 5 stars for me. SPOILERS***** So the two girls I could understand their love. They liked the boys for several months before anything happens. But the guys, one was holding back from the girl he liked because of his best friend. The best friend, likes a girl, ends up with her best friend one night and then he’s in love with that girl instead with no further contact??? It doesn’t compute. For a number of reasons including what happened during their one night. With everything else so interesting, I let it ride and enjoyed the story. *****END OF SPOILERS.

Overall, just know there is some insta love and roll with it. I think you will enjoy this one still.

My book boyfriend, Spider (despite it all)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment