Thursday, July 26, 2012

Giving it Up by Amber Lin


Giving It Up ~ Amber Lin

This is an adult romance/erotica novel (Rated NC-17 for the sexiness of it all)

4.5 out of 5 stars

Book Summary

Allie prowls the club for a man who will use her hard and then ditch her. Hey, it's not rape if she wants it. Instead she finds Colin, who looks tough but treats her tenderly, despite her protests.

He tempts her, but kindness and a few mindblowing orgasms aren't enough to put her back together again. Allie has no hope for a real relationship. Two years ago her best friend betrayed her in the worst possible way – she’d be stupid to trust a man again. Besides, she has her daughter to think of, the only good thing to have come from that dark night.

But when her rapist returns, threatening her sanity and custody of her daughter, Allie turns to Colin. Under his protection and patient touch, Allie begins to heal and learns to hope. Colin’s no saint, though, and his criminal past draws danger of its own. Allie must fight to protect her child and the man she loves, hoping her newfound power will be enough to save them all.

My Review

The opening lines of this book had my mouth agape. I couldn’t be sure what was to come. Yes, I’d read the blurb to decide if this would interest me. But like a computer, I do a daily dump of information so when I read, I go in cold. Sometimes blurb like movie trailers give away far too much and you end of disappointed because there is no mystery.

So intrigued, I dived right in and finished reading in record time. The characters are certainly interesting. You wonder how you can empathize with them, but you do. I hate to give spoilers but it’s not often a book reminds me of a song. “Criminal” by Brittney Spears is that for me. Not all the lyrics mind you, but it does rings some bells.

The storyline has you wondering what’s right and wrong. And certainly it feels like insta love, but as the story goes on you will see how the author explains everything in a plausible and believable way. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, what would you do?

So, without saying much more, I really did enjoy this one.

My book boyfriend, Colin


View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture.  I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation.  If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) and you want me to remove it, let me know and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment