Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Driving Mr. Dead (Half Moon Hollow #1) by Molly Harper


Driving Mr. Dead ~ Molly Harper

This is a paranormal romance novel (Rated NC-17)

4 out of 5 stars

Book Summary

HELL ON WHEELS

After failing as a magician's assistant, a photographer, and most recently, a bride, Miranda Puckett takes a position as a driver for Beeline, Half-Moon Hollow's premiere vampire concierge service.

Miranda's assignment? Driving Collin Sutherland, the world's most fastidious vampire from Washington to Kentucky, so he can deliver a mysterious black case to Council official Ophelia Lambert.

Collin, a paranoid, aristocratic vampire with a debilitating fear of flying, refuses to let the case out of his sight. Miranda needs this time on the road to decide whether to permanently cut her ties with the fiance that had an "emotional affair" with a childhood pal, but Collin’s neatnik tendencies are driving her around the bend. The man acts as if leaving a fast food wrapped on the passenger seat is reason for a full-on CDC de-contamination scrub-down of the car. All she can do is promise to stop intentionally doing the things that make his stiff upper lip twitch with irritation.

As more and more mishaps occur on the road trip from hell, Miranda and Collin work together to meet his delivery deadline. Hotel rooms are destroyed. Beloved cars are defiled. And somewhere along the line, client-driver hostilities become snarky flirtation.

Will Collin and Miranda make it to the Hollow in one piece? And if they do, will Miranda leave old, safe relationships behind for something new and well, just plain weird?

My Review

Molly Harper’s books are always good for a laugh. I can’t say that I was laughing throughout but it had it’s moments. Molly Harper has a way of delivering one liners that will make you laugh out loud to the chagrin of those around you. This was shorter than a novel but definitely long enough.

The character’s never fall short from this author. They are always well developed so you can see where they are coming from. This “novella” was no different.

The story reminded me a lot of a Jane Jameson novel. Miranda was a bit like her too and the author made no bones about that. This poor girl had the worst luck ever and I think from the moment when she slammed the poor guys fingers in the car door, I was done for. I laughed so hard. That wasn’t really much of a spoiler btw.

This road trip made me long for more. I checked out book two hoping this adventure continued but it appears a different character will be stepping up. I will still read but I have to admit, another road trip would have been entertaining.

If you haven’t read any of Molly Harper’s books, you are so missing out. Any of the three series is good, for me Jane Jameson is the best. I don’t think I laughed so much in my life. Check out any and you won’t be disappointed.

Audio Review

Amanda Ronconi does a great job with Molly Harper’s books. She is well timed at delivering lines that will make you burst out laughing. The only thing, the voices she used for the leads were the same ones she uses for Jane and Gabriel. Thus I had an adjustment period in the beginning of the book.

My book boyfriend, Colin.



View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment