Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)by Kresley Cole

 
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4) ~ Kresley Cole
 
This is an adult paranormal romance (Rated NC-17)
 
♥♥♥♥1/2
 (four and a half delicious hearts)
 
 
Book Blurb
 
Her breathless kiss haunts him...
Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed--until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.

His slow, hot touch is irresistible...
Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It's rumored that no one can tempt Bowen's hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them. Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.

No deed is too wicked for her seduction...
If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul--or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?


My Review

This series has a lot of characters and I could remember if this Mari was the one he spoke of in earlier editions. But anyway, what a ride this was. I had a soft spot for Bowen when I first met him. I was waiting for his story.

This could have been so predictable, but somehow it wasn’t. Yeah, I knew the HEA was coming but I meant who we got there. The tension between the two was awesome and well played by the author. I have to admit, I was also kind of rooting for the demon king. Boy I was wrong there. And there was the demon’s brother Cade.

Okay, let me get back on track. This was a hot sweaty ride n the jungle. Can I be lost? Pretty please. Damn if I did get caught up in this one.

It also helped with the audio version. I think this is one time where the audio really added value to the story.

Audio Review

Robert Petkoff was the narrator in this one. I think he one gets a lot of credit for my enjoyment of this story. Although his female voice sounds forced like a guy trying to sound female, he all but makes up for it with his role of Bowen. His Scottish brogue was a turn on from the beginning. Wow, just wow. All his guy voices were incredibly sexy.

Overall, I likey a lot. Although this could possibly be read as a stand alone, I wouldn’t suggest it. There is just too much going on with character from previous editions, that you would miss out some.

Anywho, My book Boyfriend is Bowen.



View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment