Thursday, December 13, 2012

Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6) by Jim Butcher

Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6) by Jim Butcher
 
This is an adult paranormal fantasy novel (Rated R)
 
 
 
Book Summary
 
Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, takes on a case as a favor to his friend Thomas-a vampire of dubious integrity-only to become the prime suspect in a series of ghastly murders.
 
<--- I like, keep it simple, lol
 
 
My Review
 
This story was okay.  It wasn’t the best nor was it the worst.  I should have liked it more with succubi and incubi running around, but it didn’t add as much as I would have hoped.  Still, it’s Jim Butcher, so it was very entertaining.
Finally, we learn more about Harry’s past.  A lot more than I think we would ever learn.  And Harry has seemingly moved on from Susan.  I guess that’s good. Although I wouldn’t say we got a new love interest.  But I will say, we got a glimpse of where things were going in that area.
There was a lot of action in this one.  So those who enjoy that will get it in spades.  Murphy is in this one a lot as well.
Overall, it was a typical Harry story and didn’t disappoint.
Audio Review
James Marsters is stellar and makes everything worthwhile to listen to.
I chose Thomas to be my book boyfriend. YUM.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment