Wednesday, December 19, 2012

River's Recruit (Sanctuary #1) by Charlotte Abel

River's Recruit (Sanctuary #1) by Charlotte Abel
 
This is a "new adult" paranormal romance novel (Rated R)
 
 ♥♥♥♥1/2
 
Book Summary
 
Jonathan McKnight lost everything in Afghanistan. His left hand, his identical twin and his self-respect. He searches for redemption during a solo backpacking trip into the remote Sawatch Mountains of Colorado and discovers a secret tribe of shifters.

River, the beautiful young shifter that rescues Jonathan from certain death, wants to recruit him. He is equally determined to rescue her from her cult-like society — even if he has to kidnap her.
 
My Review
 
The things I loved about this story was richness of the setting. It was refreshing to be away from city life and in the wildness working against the elements.  The second thing I liked about this story was the world building. This is a shifter story, yet it’s not typical. There is history behind who these people are and what they believe. The author didn’t cut corners on bring to life this tale. And what I really loved about the story were the two flawed characters River and Jonathan.
River is the one in this story with a twisted past. She is the one with this hidden secrets that shaped who she was.  Typically, in most books I read it’s the guy.  But, let me not stray, Jonanthan has his own baggage and a wound that will never allow him to forget what he went through.
These two are fated not to be together more than Romeo and Juliet. Yet there is a love story that develops at the right pace. No insta love her, thank goodness.
Overall, it was a really good read for me and I highly recommend.
My book boyfriend, Jonathan.
 

 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment