Monday, March 25, 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
 
This is a young adult paranomal fantasy novel (Rated PG-13)
 
 ♥♥♥♥
(Four Clockwork Hearts)
 
Book Summary
 
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.


My Review
  
I was so looking forward to this one. So imagine my disappointment when the book dragged on for nearly the first half. The change of POVs wasn’t helpful, because let’s be honest. I only longed for Will. Added to that, none of the POV changes seemed to be important. It felt like filler. (first half 3 stars)
Then, there was this beautiful scene between to characters. It was just amazing. I love honesty. I also love when character find out truths, it just seems so important to me. Not sure why. So this scene was pivotal in my enjoyment. And no Tessa wasn’t in the scene just in case you are thinking of something else, if you’ve read. (second half closer to 5 stars)
That was the beginning of the turning point to me. I didn’t seem to mind so much the change in POVs or the relationships held in balance. But darn it if my heart wasn’t torn out of my chest before getting there.
Then the second half of the book was moving. Again, each perspective seem to add more color to the story. My rose colored glasses shined with hope. And then the moment when everything comes together and the two become one kind of thing and then the rest of the book. Haha, I’m trying not to give spoilers. Ignore me. Ultimately it was good.
Recap. Book One, I was totally Team Jem. I didn’t get the Will connection. And I generally don’t change Teams. Rarely. Book Two, I was totally Team Will. Haha, guess Casse changed me. Take that, lol. Coming into Book Three I was Team Will. But, Casse Clare made it real hard not to love Jem.
With that said, I didn’t know what side of my heart would be ripped to shreds by the end. And I’m not sure how she did it, but she pulled off a spectacular ending. It wasn’t perfect. Better than Requiem, lol. But she did the ending in such a way that I wasn’t completely disappointed by Tessa’s decision.  How’s that for confusing you if you wanted to know who she picked, lol.
Okay, I’m still TEAM Will. I just am. I love Jem too though. Will is my top book boyfriend. He’s selfless and honorable in every way. The only other book boyfriends that come close to those qualities are Aiden (Covent series) and Dimitri (VA)
My book boyfriend Will.
  
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh he's hot!!! Great review Terri. You know my feelings on this one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the guy in the picture?
    Like the actual name.

    ReplyDelete