Thursday, May 9, 2013

Assets (Balance Sheet #1) by Shannon Dermott


Assets  (Balance Sheet #1) by Shannon Dermott
 
This is an adult contemporary romance/erotica novel (Rated NC-17) 

♥♥♥♥♥
(Five Sexy Hearts)

 
Book Summary
 
Warning ~ This book contains adult language and sexual situations. Not suitable for anyone under eighteen. Bailey Glicks, an accountant, is all too aware of her asset value. She’s pretty but not beautiful, smart but not a genius, and certainly she thinks she is more than enough for her fiancĂ©. All that changes when she catches his cheating ass in a lie.

Needing to get away and start anew, she heads to New York to stay with her best friend and former college roommate, Lizzy who has more than enough space to accommodate her. What she didn’t bank on are two things.

First, Kalen Brinner, a man whose implied wealth and attractiveness on paper, shouldn’t be interested in her. But their combined sexual attraction sparks off like fireworks. Will it be enough to sustain a relationship, especially when circumstance makes one of them appear less than trustworthy? Can they survive the heat or will they combust in the flame of their own passion?

Second, when the assets in audit she’s working feel like they’ve been tainted with fraud; her supervisor isn’t buying her theory.

And if she’s wrong about either, both could make her lose big. One her heart. The other her job.

Please note: THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS A STAND ALONE NOVEL. This is a serialized miniseries.
 
 
My Review
 
 
The story starts off with a bang, literally. I have to admire an author to cut to the chase and not wait to midway in the book to get things started. But the beginning sets the tone to a budding relationship.
Bailey is also not your average female lead. She’s an accountant. That adds to the storyline while on the job she comes across some inconsistencies in the books. Along the way Bailey’s relationship with one Kalen heats up.
Kalen is a hot alpha male with enough mystery to make me want to learn more. He has a past and I can’t wait to learn more about it.
This is what’s termed as a series read. So it’s a longer than a novella but shorter than a novel. So, it had just enough where I didn’t feel cheated. I’m looking forward to book two especially if it’s as hot as this one.
My book boyfriend Kalen.
 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

2 comments:

  1. I have this one ~ hoping to get to it in the next few weeks. Glad you loved it, makes me more anxious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick hot sexy read. Different from her other books, lol.

      Delete