Monday, August 26, 2013

Changes (The Dresden Files #12) by Jim Butcher

Changes  (The Dresden Files #12) by Jim Butcher
 
This is an adult urban fantasy (Rated R)
 
 ♥♥♥♥
(Four Susan Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
Long ago, Susan Rodriguez was Harry Dresden's lover-until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her torn between her own humanity and the bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. Susan then disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it.

Now Arianna Ortega, Duchess of the Red Court, has discovered a secret Susan has long kept, and she plans to use it-against Harry. To prevail this time, he may have no choice but to embrace the raging fury of his own untapped dark power. Because Harry's not fighting to save the world...

He's fighting to save his child.
 
 
My Review

When I found out Susan was coming back for this book, I had to pick it up right away. And honestly, I spent most of the book questioning if what Susan wanted from Harry was truth. It made for an interesting read.
This was probably one of the better books in the series. Harry hit some really rough patches and has to make decisions he’s never had to make before. Some I couldn’t imagine making myself.
And honestly if in a battle one individual was missing from the battle therefore had to be somewhere else which made the rest so easy to predict, I would have given this book 5 stars. But when Harry in his inner dialogue makes it so obvious yet acts surprised, I couldn’t give it a perfect score.
Still, the Dresden series average book is better than some authors’ best book.
Audio Review
James Marsters does a fabulous job as usual. He is simply amazing.
My book boyfriend Harry (model used is also cover model)

 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment