Friday, August 16, 2013

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely #2) by Melissa Marr

 
Ink Exchange  (Wicked Lovely #2) by Melissa Marr
 
This is a young adult paranormal romance. (Rated R)
 
♥♥♥1/2
(Three and a half Fey Hearts) 
 
 
Book Summary
 
Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . .
 
 
My Review
 

So I missed Ash and Seth in this book. I knew that this was coming. It was part of the reason I waited so long to move on in the series.
I thought Leslie’s story was interesting. But then it took a dark predictable turn. I hated the way things were inferred and left to reader’s interpretation. Let me tell you, I read a book so that someone can tell me a story. If I want to make up my own story, I’ll write my own book. Blah, Blah, Blah. Some author’s annoy me with this logic. Stop being ambiguous. The target readers for this series are old enough to understand sex. You don’t have to be specific or explicit, but you can say whether it happened or not.
Anyway, the story really drags towards the end. There is a reason for the haze I guess, but the way she writes, makes it read slow and clumsy. I felt bored with it. Or maybe it was the narrator who voice suited a somber mood that caused me to feel that way.
But my biggest problem was with the end. I was left wondering what the purpose of this book was. It could have been a standalone. Nothing really happened with Leslie to further the series. Yes, we learned more about Niall and the other dark fey guy, but that story could have been told in novella form. I felt cheated.
Will I continue this series? I’m not sure. I read some spoilers and know what’s to come. Thus I’m not sure. Maybe.
Audio Review
Nick Landrum did a good job narration. He did a decent job with the female voices as well.
 
My book boyfriend Niall.
 


View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment