Monday, August 5, 2013

Small Favor (The Dresden Files #10) by Jim Butcher

 
Small Favor  (The Dresden Files #10) by Jim Butcher
 
This is an adult urban fantasy novel (Rated R)
 
♥♥♥♥
(Four Crushing hearts)
 
 
Book Blurb
 
No one's tried to kill Harry Dresden for almost an entire year, and his life finally seems to be calming down. For once, the future looks fairly bright. But the past casts one hell of a long shadow.

An old bargain has placed Harry in debt to Mab, monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, the Queen of Air and Darkness-and she's calling in her marker. It's a small favor he can't refuse...one that will trap Harry Dresden between a nightmarish foe and an equally deadly ally, and one that will strain his skills- and loyalties-to their very limits.

It figures. Everything was going too well to last...
 
 
My Review
 
I can’t say I was in love with this installment. As I was listening, I found myself drifting at times and having to “rewind” to try and listen again.
Harry is in his usual trouble and this time up the fey (Queen Mab & Summer court), Marcone, and a few new players were in town. I can’t say I wasn’t pleased that Kincaid wasn’t there. The mystery was interesting and the stakes were high. When I finally got into the story it was hard not to finish.
Still, I found myself hoping for more romance, which only says that there was something missing that I thought I needed that element. And we were left off wondering what was going on between two characters. I have to say that was motivation enough to pick up the next book right away. I haven’t already read that installment. But I’ll keep my lips sealed on that one.
Audio Review
James Marsters  is the master. It would be really hard to listen to anyone read this novel. And I know because it’s coming the book after next.
My book boyfriend Harry.

 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment