Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Northern Light by E.J. Russell

Northern Light by E.J. Russell
 
This is a m/m romance novel (Rated R)
 
 ♥♥♥.1/2
(Three and a half Ghostly Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
Nothing gives art fraud investigator Luke Morganstern a bigger rush than busting forgers, the low-life criminals who dare victimize true artists. But when his latest job sends him to a remote cabin in the Oregon Coast Range, he’s stunned to discover the alleged forger is his former lover, Stefan Cobbe, the most gifted painter Luke has ever known.

Stefan, left homeless and destitute after the death of his wealthy partner, doesn’t exactly deny the forgery -- he claims he doesn’t remember, an excuse Luke can’t accept.

But Luke’s elderly client suggests Stefan may be telling the truth and presents another possibility – a dark presence in the woods, a supernatural fury simmering for decades. Luke must face down his fear of the uncanny – and admit his feelings for Stefan – if either of them is to survive.
 
 
My Reviews
 
Overall I thought this was a cute story. The author did a really good job at creating believable characters and a believable relationship.
Although there initial meeting was a stretch, it wasn’t totally out of the realm of possibility considering both their professions. And the author really sold me on it happening.
The only short coming to me which is odd coming from me was the paranormal aspect. For the most part, I wish it wasn’t there. I’m not sure if I’m not a ghost fan or if the story really didn’t need it. It was explained well and was well thought out; I just think it took the bang out of the story, for me at least.
I also felt like the ending lacked something. I just didn’t have the warm and fuzzies the way I would have liked.
Still overall I enjoyed it. If you are looking for a quick read, this is your story. Pick it up.
My book boyfriend Luke.

View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment