Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance #2) by John Grisham

 
Sycamore Row  (Jake Brigance #2) by John Grisham
 
This is an adult thriller novel (Rated R)
 
♥♥♥♥♥
(Five Stellar Hearts)
 
 

Book Summary

Seth Hubbard is a wealthy man dying of lung cancer. He trusts no one. Before he hangs himself from a sycamore tree, Hubbard leaves a new, handwritten, will. It is an act that drags his adult children, his black maid, and Jake into a conflict as riveting and dramatic as the murder trial that made Brigance one of Ford County's most notorious citizens, just three years earlier. 

 The second will raises far more questions than it answers. Why would Hubbard leave nearly all of his fortune to his maid? Had chemotherapy and painkillers affected his ability to think clearly? And what does it all have to do with a piece of land once known as Sycamore Row?


My Review


I love to come back to my roots as a reader. John Grisham is one of my favorite authors if not my most favorite. I love everything he writes and finds it interesting. It never gets old because I love the law. And so stories center around such entertain me.
The characters are rich and full of life. This story has a twist and back stories that all come together in an exciting way. He makes us care so much about most of them when maybe we shouldn’t because they aren’t the main characters. But I do. I’d love to read more about some of the characters in this story.
It such a well thought out and executed book. It’s hard sometime to go back and read mediocre writing. Still, this book was fab. The only short coming was the ending. I think I’ve read too much to be shocked by certain things. I was pretty numb in the reveal. However, that was me and not the author.
Audio Review
Michael Beck is outstanding. I’ll admit that some of his side characters all sounded the same, I didn’t have trouble following. And most importantly the main cast was unique. Love the southern accents.
My book boyfriend Jake.

View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment