Monday, January 20, 2014

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie #2) by Diana Rowland

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues  (White Trash Zombie #2) by Diana Rowland
 
This is a new adult paranormal fantasy novel (Rated NC-17)
 
 ♥♥♥♥
(Four Zomtastic Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
Angel Crawford is finally starting to get used to life as a brain-eating zombie, but her problems are far from over. Her felony record is coming back to haunt her, more zombie hunters are popping up, and she’s beginning to wonder if her hunky cop-boyfriend is involved with the zombie mafia. Yeah, that’s right--the zombie mafia.

Throw in a secret lab and a lot of conspiracy, and Angel’s going to need all of her brainpower--and maybe a brain smoothie as well--in order to get through it without falling apart.
 
 
My Review 
 
This story is a continuation of book one set not too far after the ending. This story and series so far is technically well written with a fantastic audio narrator. I just had a few problems with the story.
Let’s start with the positives. The story although paranormal in nature really reads like a true life story. The romance is an extension of the character and not really its own plot. It’s just part of everyday life for Angel. Add romance isn’t all sweet every time. I can appreciate that.
My problem with the story is that every male character in this installment seems to be some sort of villain. I mean, none are good. They are mean, weak, bad guy, criminal, etc. There don’t seem to be any decent guys in this author’s world. That begins to bother me.
Other than that, I reserve judgment and will continue on with the series. I say give this one a go if you haven’t yet read.
Audio Review
Allison McLemore continues to do a FANTASITIC job. She really added to the story with her spot on narration. I will definitely look for more titles she narrated.
My book boyfriend Marcus.

 
 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment