Thursday, February 6, 2014

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue  (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi
 
This is YA/NA dystopian (Rated PG-13)
 
 ♥♥♥♥1/2
(Four and a Half Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.
 
 
My Review
 

There might be spoilers in this review. I will alert you of spoilers before you read them if they come up in my review.
I really like this series. It’s not as explosive as Divergent or the Hunger Games, but there is a message in the story that speaks to my soul. And that message really comes together in this story. I’ll speak to it later.
It was easy to love these characters or hate them for that matter. An excellent sign of a great writer to make you passionate about the people she’s created. This author has given them depth and room to grow which they all seemed to have done over the course of the triology. I was moved by some however not brought to tears.
The plot was almost expected. Especially how each mission went. I knew to fill the pages certain conflicts would have to happen. And it was almost like SPOILER nothing would go right for these guys. END OF SPOILER. Still, there were things to learn during these times. There were things that helped the characters learn more about themselves.
By the time the last word was uttered, I was at a loss. I didn’t know if I should cry or want more. Oh, I should mention there was a moment when I thought this Veronica would go by the way side of the other Veronica. I won’t spoil and tell you if she did. I just will say I had a moment when I decided I would accept it and not be angry if she did. This situation was far different.
But back to the ending. I felt a disquiet after reading. I’m still not sure what it is. No that’s not true. These characters showed self-sacrifice. It’s an attribute I aspire to. The willingness to give of oneself for the greater good of others is admirable. These characters had that and I will miss them.
Overall, this story met all my expectations. SPOILER. Personally, I wish we would have definitively found out exactly what happened to Cinder. I hoped somehow… And by him not being there, it is assumed the loss. In my heart, somewhere in the pages after her ending that have no words, Cinder would have survived. One can only wish. END OF SPOILER. I shed a tear for him.
Audio Review
Beradette Dunne wasn’t a bad narrator. In fact, she’s a great actress and kept the characters distinguishable. I’m just not sure I would have chosen her to read alone. I kind of liked the guy who did book two.
My book boyfriend Perry.
 View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment