Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock #3) by Faith Hunter

Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock #3) by Faith Hunter
 
This is an adult urban fantasy novel. (Rated NC-17)
 
 ♥♥♥1/2
(Three and a Half Cheating Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
Jane, a shapeshifting vampire-hunter-for-hire, crosses paths with a stranger who has arrived in New Orleans, enlisted to hunt vampires who have gone insane-or so he says...
 
 
My Review

Ugh, This series took a turn for the worst. I’m so disappointed. This series had a lot of wonderful things going for it and I had this feeling based on the end of the last book where this series might be headed. And guess what, it appears I’m right.
Okay, I don’t have to have romance. And honestly, I wish this author would have stayed away from it. The series was interesting enough. And Jane stood on her own. There are some strong elements that trace back to other popular series, but I will get into that with the next installment.
However, I must say Kim Harrison has her stamp all over this book. It shows why her quotes are on the cover. This author must have taken to or agreed with Kim’s man hating ways. And it shows. I mean, no guy can get a break in either series. They are always bad and if they are good they die or turn bad. I hate that shit.
SPOILERS
So when Rick is suspected as cheating, I’m annoyed. I mean, I didn’t want her to choose Rick in the first place. However, I accepted her decision. Now she makes him out as a cheater in this book. I’m so pissed, I have to stop and read spoilers for this and future books before I continue. I’m just not into men bashing. And of course, she creates a reason why Jane and Rick can’t ever be together. UGH. I’m annoyed.
END of SPOILER
So, after reading spoilers, I determine that I can continue. However, I’m weary of this series now.
Audio Review
Khristine Hvam continues to do a wonderful job at narrating this series.
My book boyfriend is poor Ricky-bow


 

View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment