Monday, March 24, 2014

The Curse -Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1) by Emily Bold

The Curse -Touch of Eternity  (The Curse #1) by Emily Bold
 
This is a young adult paranormal romance novel (Rated PG-13)
 
 ♥♥♥
(Three Immortal Hearts)
 
 
 
Book Summary
 
A centuries-old curse, a mysterious amulet, and a young love reignite a vendetta that had died down long ago…

When seventeen-year-old Samantha goes on a school-exchange trip to Scotland, she takes with her an old pendant that she found amongst her grandmother’s belongings. As soon as she arrives at her host family’s home, she is drawn into the country’s tales and myths. Then she meets the dangerously attractive Payton –a mysterious Highlander who soon conquers Sam’s heart. Caught up in her feelings, she doesn’t realize how much danger she’s in. Payton’s past holds a dark secret. A secret that has bound together both their families’ fates for hundreds of years and is now also endangering Sam’s life.
 
 
My Review
 
I got this book because it was on sale at audible and set in Scotland. Ultimately, I can’t say I hated this one. It wasn’t bad so much as it felt like a copycat or fan fiction of Twilight. And I’m not accusing the author of copying, but it was hard not to see the resemblance to that story. It was as if that plot were taking and adjusted changing character names, the setting, and the “paranormal entity” aspect.
On top of that, this book was originally written in German using Scottish dialect. I think certain things were lost in translation to English. The writing was subpar, but again, I’m blaming that on translation and not on the author.
Although the book was interesting and kept me for DNF (did no finish) it, I wasn’t good enough to have me continue on. I might listen to the next book if it goes on sale, but I’m not going to go out of my way to read it.
There are plot holes and unbelievable events like someone driving off in someone else’s car and no one mentioning it. Wouldn’t that person miss their car???
Anyway, it just wasn’t the best nor the worst book I’ve ever read. If you are a huge Twilight fan and you don’t mind déjà vu when you read, you may enjoy this one.
Audio Review
Justine Eyre is a good job. It’s hard to listen to heard read other stories outside the Guild Hunter series. I’m not a big fan of her narration.
My book boyfriend Payton.
 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment