Monday, April 21, 2014

Because of Kian by Sibylla Matilde

Because of Kian by Sibylla Matilde
 
This is an adult contemporary romance novel (Rated NC-17)
 
 ♥♥♥♥1/2
 (Four and a half Bondage Hearts)
 
 
Book Summary
 
I know I’m twisted. Growing up in a perfectly well-adjusted home, I don’t really have an excuse. But no matter… I realize how messed up I am. And therapy can only do so much.

I pushed my boyfriend to violence, a violence he couldn't control. Sickly, I almost liked it. So I pushed him more. Before long, the pain outweighed the pleasure and the loss I sustained shattered me. So I ran. I’m now a bit shell-shocked harboring a lot of guilt. My boyfriend is now my ex and wants revenge. He wants me to pay for turning him into the monster he’s become. And I still have a deviant yearning that I don’t understand. My own monster inside… my own demon to battle.

I can’t get close to anyone. I can’t give in and scratch that itch. I can’t wreck someone else.

And now there is Kian… my rescuer on a dark, painful night. He sees through my pretense. He tries to pull me from my frightened isolation, to keep me from becoming a victim. He forces me to face my warped desires and shows me that pain doesn’t really have to truly hurt.

He wants to show me a way to serenity. But I am afraid… Will I ruin a good man?


***** Mature Content, Abuse, Sexual Situations, Adult Situations, Strong Language *****
  
 
My Review
 
No one lives a charmed life. Hell, tons of books are written about the rich and famous who aren’t happy in their current lives. Fiction, as we all knows, stems from bits of truths.
What this author brings to the table are stories about real people. Not the top one percent. We get the gritty lives of people who could be your next door neighbor. I really like that. I also love that the heroes of the stories are strong yet not invincible. They aren’t billionaires but they can certain take care of a woman financially, emotionally, and physically.
This particular story is at the core a story of abuse and how to overcome the shame of it. It isn’t the same scenario we’ve seen before either. Its got a twist that makes it that much more interesting.
If you like contemporary romance with a bit of grit, pick this one up.
My book boyfriend is Kian.


View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

1 comment: