Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian #6) by Diana Rowland

Fury of the Demon  (Kara Gillian #6) by Diana Rowland
 
This is an adult paranormal fantasy novel (Rated NC-17)
 
♥♥♥♥♥
(Five Fabulous Hearts) 
 
 
Book Summary
 
Who can Kara Gillian trust?

That’s what she’d like to know. Demon summoner and now a consultant for the FBI, Kara Gillian has spent the past several months in the demon realm training while recovering from the treachery of the demonic lord Rhyzkahl. Yet though the torment and betrayal she suffered at his hands continues to plague her, she’s not about to let that slow her down.

Kara returns to Earth to search for a fellow summoner being held by allies of Rhyzkahl. Aiding in the hunt are Kara’s friends, FBI agents Ryan Kristoff and Zack Garner. However, Kara and Zack know Ryan’s true identity—though he himself does not—and questions of loyalty threaten to tear apart their previously close-knit group. Rhyzkahl’s machinations run deeper than they could have ever imagined, and the search for the missing summoner takes on a desperate edge while dangers from ancient demon oaths loom and enemies increase in power and numbers.

Armed with her skills, wit, and attitude, it is up to Kara to save her friends and her world.

The price of failure will be her soul.
 
 
My Review 

Wow, what a book. First of all, can I say Rhyzkahl totally pisses me off. I wanted to love him but now he’s the guy I hate. Mzatal was the guy I didn’t want to like and now I think I’m totally in love. Then there is Ryan. I love him and I don’t trust his inner self.
SPOILERS
Then there are the lovable side characters. Oh god, if Paul doesn’t live another day I’ll be totally heart broken.
For those who’ve read, I’m thinking that Zach is Rhyzkahl’s dad. And there are no female demonic lords. So what’s going to happen with Zach’s new baby girl? And of course, that boy I forget his name the one that worked with Mzatal before he was captured is Kara’s cousin and Rhyzkahl’s kid.
END OF SPOILERS
Despite the rocky start with the man hating books, I’m glad I hang on. It’s an overall interesting series and I can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
There is just so much drama going on, I’m like heaven. I totally can’t wait for the next book. Will it be the last? I’m thinking if this isn’t a forever series, it’s going to end soon.
Anyway, check this one out if you like Urban Fantasy. That’s the closest genre I can come up with.
Audio Review
Liv Anderson continues to do an excellent job of narration and keeping the characters straight and distinguishable.
My book boyfriend Mzatal.

 
View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment